Monday, January 11, 2021

Banana Bread

My mother made banana bread about every other week when I was young and I loved it when it just came out of the oven. But don’t get me wrong I love it after it has cooled as well. What is your favorite bread? 


 


I use the same recipe my mom used when I was a kid.
It is from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook

Prep time 25 min
Bake time 55 min
Oven temp 350 degrees
Makes 1 loaf , 16 servings

Ingredients
2 cups of all Purpose Flour (or gluten free flour)
1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg ( I use 1/4)
2 beaten ๐Ÿฅš Eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ๐ŸŒ Bananas (5 medium)
1 cup of Sugar
1/2 cup Cooking Oil or melted butter or Margarine ( I use butter)
1/4 cup of chopped Walnuts ( I do not use them)
1 recipe of Streusel Nut Topping

Streusel Topping 
In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar and 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour (or gluten free flour). Mix in 2 tablespoons of butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. Stir in 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts if desired. 


Directions
Grease bottom and sides of one 9x5x3 inch or two 7 1/2x3 1/2x2 in loaf pans; set aside. 

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix together

In a medium bowl combine eggs, bananas ๐ŸŒ, sugar and butter. 

Add half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix then add the other half and mix until combined. If you are adding the nuts now is the time to put them in and then fold till combined. Pour this into your loaf pan(s). If desired add streusel topping to the top of the bread mixture. 

Bake in 350 degrees oven for 55 to 60 minutes for the 9x 5x3 in pan or 40 to 45 minutes for the 
7 1/2x3 1/2x2 in pan, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 min. Remove from pan. Cool complet;y on wire rack before making it to your bread ๐Ÿž area. 

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment

;